Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music will not fit on an iPod touch. What are my options?

Presently, I have a 160 GB iPod classic. I'm looking at a replacement but shockingly the iPod touch only has 64 GB.

I have friends that take two or three iPod touch's and rubber band them together to hold their music. Is this the only option?

I only want a music player! Don't want a camera, don't want Wi-Fi etc. just a music player, only.

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 7:49 PM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Ziatron

Your iPod has a rotating HD while the iPod touches had sold state storage.

To get more music on the iPod yo can compress the music by in the Summary pane for the iPod in iTunes check the box that says Convert higher bitrate songs to XX kp per sec ACC.

An XX of 128 is a good compromise between storage space and quality but you can lower it more to get more sons on the device.

Mar 20, 2015 10:29 AM in response to lllaass

I don't want to compress my music. So then it is true. What Apple could do in 2009 they cannot do in 2015.

For now, I will go with the $644 solution. Perhaps in the future, Apple will again be able to make music players with higher capacity.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-classic-Silver-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B001F7AHY6/ref=s r_1_2?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1426871380&sr=1-…

My music will not fit on an iPod touch. What are my options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.