Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gamecenter concerns

Hello,

My name is Youssof. I have some problems/concerns with my Gamecenter account.

So I've had an Ipod touch 2nd generation for quite a long time and recently bought a new Ipod touch 5th generation, currently running the latest iOS version. When I bought my new Ipod, I decided to make a new Gamecenter account using my up to date e-mail (different email than my first Gamecenter account). After a few weeks of this, I did not like how things were running because I have to switch between accounts depending on what game or application I will be getting on next. My first question is, Is there a way I can merge both my accounts perhaps?

My second question is, Is it possible to change the email for a certain Gamecenter while keeping all progress?

Meaning, If I had an account called 'Bob' and the e-mail is 'Bob@hotmail.com' would I be able to change that email while keeping my name and all my progress on Bob or would it create a new account?

As for my third and last question, my first account is locked on to a name, saying something like "X is Bob," the name Bob can be changed but how can I change the first one, X? It is sort of locked onto that name and it appears the same for anyone I add.

Keep in mind that "Bob" isn't something real, I just used it as in example. Thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2015 6:57 PM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2015 2:16 AM in response to YoussofFromCanada

#1 My first question is, Is there a way I can merge both my accounts perhaps?

No. Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

#2 able to change that email while keeping my name and all my progress on Bob or would it create a new account?

Maybe this

I no longer have an email address that was also my Apple ID. Can I still use the email address as my Apple ID?

Apple recommends you change your Apple ID to your current, working email address. This will not create another Apple ID, it will only change it to your working email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

#3 As for my third and last question, my first account is locked on to a name, saying something like "X is Bob," the name Bob can be changed but how can I change the first one, X? It is sort of locked onto that name and it appears the same for anyone I add.

I do not understand what you mean by Bob can be changed but not the X. Is oit just not one name with spaces?

Gamecenter concerns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.