Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Belkin YourType Wireless Keypad won't connect

Belkin YourType WIRELESS KEYPAD (2015)

Mac Pro 1.1

Lion 10.7.5

Apple Wireless Keyboard/Magic Trackpad

I have just purchased Belkin's wireless keypad but can't complete the pairing process.

The device is recognised but I am unable to enter the displayed passcode as the keypad won't respond to any keystrokes. When pairing my wireless keyboard, the first passcode number was highlighted but the Keypad's passcode display does not show this. I have tried using 'Passcode Options' route, entering the passcode using the Wireless keyboard, without any success. I've tried the numbers lock but as keypad in responding at all I'm unsure what state the keypad is in. I've tried rebooting computer, re-inserting batteries... also holding power button untill passcode stage of pairing (which I used successfully when pairing Apple wireless keyboard).

Any other work-around suggestions?

Thanks

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 4:19 AM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2015 3:40 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks Barry.

I have contacted Belkin as you suggested, but after trying various combinations to connectI got the same result. The Belkin tech concluded the unit itself was faulty. I have exchanged it for another keypad at the Apple store but I'm getting the exact same problem.

Just to clarify what I am experiencing when trying to connect.

The pairing screen shown in Belkin's user instruction has a 'Pair' button which when clicked on will make the connection without the need for a passcode. My setup is different in that it does request a Passcode. When pairing Apple's Wireless Keyboard I was able to activate the code successfully, but with the Keypad the Passcode page seems inactive with all buttons greyed out - although by pressing the 'enter' key it takes me to the previous 'search for device' page.

The Keypad is the perfect addition to my studio setup, but perhaps it is not compatible with my setup.

Has anyone been successful in hooking up to a Mac Pro 1.1 OS X 10.7.5?

Le Batch

Mar 22, 2015 5:49 AM in response to Le Batch

😟

Sorry you still have the problem after getting a replacement. The "normal" resets that I would suggest if the device was Apple are probably not going to help - based on your last post. It is unlikely that two would be faulty (I have experience with Belkin and they make good equipment).

If it were me, I would probably conclude that it is not compatible with Apple and get a refund.

Barry

Belkin YourType Wireless Keypad won't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.