Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictation feature on 5s/iPad mini worse with every update

I rely on the dictation feature on my devices for work. has anyone else noticed how horrible it's gotten?! It misses half of my words completely, and misspells or misreads the other half. They're not even close!

What is worse is that the feature doesn't even work in Safari anymore. It records what I say and then deletes everything. It is so frustrating to see a feature that is so necessary to my usage malfunction so horribly and so consistently. Unfortunately, the only consistent thing about dictation now is how useless it is.

I Sincerely hope someone starts to investigate and patch this. It's making me lose confidence in Apple and its ability to quality control.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 5:01 AM

6 replies

Mar 20, 2015 5:18 AM in response to Tokoloshtoo

To work-around the dictation loss in Safari rather than touch the Done button to end the dictation just touch the text field.

if the dictation is lost because Siri times out just shake the iPad to bring up Undo facility or press the .?123 key at the lower-left of the keyboard and touch the undo key

Report your Siri dictation bugs to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Dictation feature on 5s/iPad mini worse with every update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.