Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Mini Garageband, Metronome Trouble

Hello guys,

Good to be here 🙂

I'm new in this community, and also this is my very first post.

My device is iPad Mini wifi+cell 16GB, and I have trouble with garageband. I record voice or guitar, and metronome is turned on.

When I playback the metronome is also recorded. I dont want the metronome sound in my record, but I need that for my tempo.

My question is, how to record with turn on metronome but not include in playback.

By the way, sorry for my bad english. I hope my question is clear enough

Thank You.....

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 2:02 AM

8 replies

Mar 20, 2015 3:16 AM in response to léonie

HI, thank you for your respon.. 🙂

Yes of course

I use iRig amplitube to the built-in microphone and wear a headset while recording. But the metronome is also recorded when I playback.

Anyway, I've tried to record with my firend's device (iPad Air). I use my iRig and headset also to his device, and the metronome is not recorded.

is the trouble come from my iPad Mini? Or maybe I have to reset or reinstall the garageband?

thank you

Mar 20, 2015 3:34 AM in response to allanmaulana85

In that case check the headphone socket, if there is anything preventing the contact, dust or something.

I don't have your iPad model, so I cannot say if there is some specific problem with the mini.

but it will not hurt to reset GarageBand from the settings. Reinstalling will erase your projects, so make sure you have a backup, before you fall back on reinstalling.

Mar 20, 2015 5:58 AM in response to léonie

I've tried reset and reinstall the garageband and nothing change, metronome is still recorded too.. 😕

Anyway I also do recording with my keyboard Yamaha MM6, directly connect with lightning to usb cable, and the metronome is not recorded in.

Maybe the problem is caused my headphone socket, or do you have any sugestion?

again, sorry for my bad english

thank you

Ipad Mini Garageband, Metronome Trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.