Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot wrap text

I am creating a book that is mostly images with some text. I layout the images, add the text and I cannot make it wrap around the image. I have chosen 'object causes wrap' but it keeps overlapping. If I drop an image into a text page in the template, no problem, so I'm missing a step. Thanks.

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 12:30 PM

Hi gabin,

In order to make text wrap around an object in iBooks Author, you will want to complete all of the steps detailed in this article -

iBooks Author: Wrap text around an object

Specifically -

Adjust text around an object

1. If the Wrap inspector isn’t open, click Inspector in the toolbar and click the Wrap Inspector button.

2. Select the object.

3. In the Wrap inspector, select “Object causes wrap.”

4. To specify how the text wraps around the object, click a button below the “Object causes wrap” checkbox.

5. To change the amount of space between the object and the surrounding text, use the Extra Space field.

6. If the object isn’t rectangular and you want the text to follow the object’s outline, click the right Text Fit button.

7. If the object has an alpha channel (transparency), you can make text overlap (show through) the transparent area by adjusting the value in the Alpha field.

You can also choose an option from the Wrap pop-up menu User uploaded file in the format bar to wrap text around an object.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2015 12:30 PM in response to gabin

Hi gabin,

In order to make text wrap around an object in iBooks Author, you will want to complete all of the steps detailed in this article -

iBooks Author: Wrap text around an object

Specifically -

Adjust text around an object

1. If the Wrap inspector isn’t open, click Inspector in the toolbar and click the Wrap Inspector button.

2. Select the object.

3. In the Wrap inspector, select “Object causes wrap.”

4. To specify how the text wraps around the object, click a button below the “Object causes wrap” checkbox.

5. To change the amount of space between the object and the surrounding text, use the Extra Space field.

6. If the object isn’t rectangular and you want the text to follow the object’s outline, click the right Text Fit button.

7. If the object has an alpha channel (transparency), you can make text overlap (show through) the transparent area by adjusting the value in the Alpha field.

You can also choose an option from the Wrap pop-up menu User uploaded file in the format bar to wrap text around an object.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

Cannot wrap text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.