Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to Airdrop Microsoft office?

I have Microsoft office on my old Macbook pro 2013, I have recently upgraded and brought the newest version of the Macbook Pro but I am not willing to purchase it again if I don't need to. Am I able to Airdrop Microsoft office onto my new Macbook or transfer it over in some way or is it just not possible?

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 7:34 AM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2015 7:43 AM in response to Bradleypike

The short answer is no, you cannot airdrop MS Office. The best method is to use Migration Assistant using the older Mac's Time Machine backup and connect it to the new machine. Apple explains how MA works in About Windows Migration Assistant - Apple Support. If Office is 2008 or later it will migrate however you may have to re-input your key. If that still does not work, you may need to call MS to tell them you are switching to a new computer. Of course you need to read your SLA to see how many times you can install Office, otherwise you are stealing the software and we cannot help you to do that.

Mar 20, 2015 7:37 AM in response to Bradleypike

It has been a while since I set up a new Mac, but in the past I used the transfer kit and Office transferred over with no problem. Alternatively, If you still have your software key, you should be able to simply reinstall it (you may need to uninstall and/or deauthorize the old machine first). But no, AirDrop will not be of any value for this.

Is it possible to Airdrop Microsoft office?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.