Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to replace Apple ID on iPhone

I changed my Apple ID now I can't get the old one out of iCloud on my iPhone. I can't remember the old password and I have no access to the email associated with the old one

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 8:56 AM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2015 7:09 AM in response to Pinkime

Hi Pinkime,

Based on your post it seems you are experiencing an issue with your iCloud account. The following article may help you find a solution:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch might ask for the password to your previous Apple ID when you sign out of iCloud.

Update to the latest version of iOS

Update to the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then try signing out of iCloud again. If you're still asked for your previous Apple ID, try the steps below.

If you're trying to restore from a backup and Setup Assistant asks you for the password to your previous Apple ID, tap Skip. After you complete the Setup Assistant, you can sign in using Settings.

Change your Apple ID temporarily

Use these steps to change your Apple ID temporarily:

1. Go to My Apple ID, click Manage your Apple ID, and sign in with your current Apple ID.
  2. Select Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the email address that iCloud is asking you to sign in with. You shouldn't need to verify the email address.
  4. Sign out of My Apple ID.

Then sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
  3. Tap Keep on My [Device] or Delete from My [Device], and enter the password for your Apple ID. Your data remains in iCloud, and it will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  4. If you're signed in on more than one device with this Apple ID, repeat steps 1-3 on each device.
  5. Go to My Apple ID, and sign in again.
  6. Change your Apple ID to the email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  7. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device, and sign in with your new Apple ID.

If these steps don’t work, change your Apple ID temporarily again. Then sign back in to My Apple ID to make sure that your Apple ID was changed.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

How to replace Apple ID on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.