Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded

"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" I-phone 6 plus with IOS 8.2

It seems like this problem has been floating around forever with no definitive answer if a problem exists or not.

This message appears frequently in Safari. Chrome just blinks and disappears (crashes). I found a way to reproduce it easily so hopefully it can get corrected. Some have said to reset the network settings, delete cache, install as new phone, all without results. I am able to duplicate the issue on new phones in the Apple store as well. It seems as though maybe the problem is related to the size of webpages and memory being consumed.

1) In Safari, go to this Apple page and see if it loads correctly. Then using two fingers, zoom and zoom, supposing until the page reloads or you get the message "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded". It seems as though zooming consumes more memory (from other threads) until Safari crashes or reloads the page.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/ipad/using_ipad/content?itemView=thumb&s tart=20&filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~category%5Bsafari%5D

2) now do the exact same thing with Chrome and see if it just crashes/disappears?

My guess is that you will experience the same problem and if it can be reproduced so easily, then hopefully somebody in IOS Development will be able to find the problem and correct it quickly. Continually reloading pages over and over consumes cellular data, a subject in itself that many complain about and I have seen a dramatic increase in cell data usage since IOS 8 on both phones that I have - usage runs about double such that a data plan that was being half used is no longer enough. Apple store replaced my phone last night with a brand new phone for this and other issues and I replicated the Safari issue right out of the box without restoring my old backup.

<Edited By Host>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 11:58 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 10:43 AM in response to BrunoFromTexas

I have experienced this problem non-stop for many months.... couple with Safari crashes on video rotation.

The only answer the Genius Bar can suggest is replacing the entire phone and doing a fresh install instead of an icloud restore - a total waste of time and resources for all involved.

It is wholly ridiculous that this new iPhone 6+ has so many more obvious problems than all the other preceding iPhones that I've owned (and I've owed every generation since the original).

II'm not sure how many more bug reports I can file that go unanswered to my satisfaction.... as there seems to be 10K Google results mentioning these exact issues, yet Apple seems to be in denial, unfortunately.

Mar 29, 2015 11:25 AM in response to ZZotteRR

I have the same problem on an iPad air 2 and I was told the same thing. Wipe and set up a new device. Today, as a test, I wiped the iPad clean and reproduced the problem so this isn't an issue with restore from a backup. While the suggestion to give Apple feedback is appreciated and was done, Apple states they will likely not call or reply to your feedback. It is a one way trip. I wish thousand of people would Start appending these posts until just possibly it gets Apples attention, if only an acknowledgement to this thread and target for remedy. The new iPhone 6 plus and IOS 8 combination is slower than phones of the past with slower, less capable processors. I have started a list of bugs and design deficiencies. I'll start posting under separate threads.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.