Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.2 5th Generation ipod issues

Upon receiving the ios 8.2 update on my 5th generation ipod touch, I added songs to some playlists that I had. My playlists and all music I had, were totally deleted. It showed that they were there, in itunes, but they weren't on my ipod. I use an external hard drive, to keep space on my computer, and never had this problem before this last update. I spoke with a rep. at itunes, and tried several things, but I am still having the same problem. It seems that if I make a playlist in itunes, and then transfer that to the ipod, the playlist remains, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of using an external hard drive? I have factory reset my ipod, and it doesn't make a difference.Is this just a beta type glitch, or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 8:52 AM

7 replies

Mar 20, 2015 4:46 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, to no avail. I have had an ipod since the first one was released, and have never had an issue, until the 8.2 upgrade. I just can't keep music on the ipod. It says it is there, in itunes, but it isn't on the device. Guess I'll have to call itunes again. I have seen a few other complaints about the same thing, on the web, but I haven't seen any fixes yet.

Mar 20, 2015 10:41 PM in response to GVila

I will definitely let you know. It's driving me crazy! I have done absolutely everything I can think of. I worked on it for a while tonight, and got 2 playlists loaded on it, and then, they just disappeared. They were visible in itunes, but totally gone from my ipod. I know my ipod is 2 years old, but this is crazy. It can't be anything but the last ios update.

Mar 20, 2015 11:29 PM in response to genefrommachesney park

Not really a "solution" but... I found that the music/video delete comes in intervals.

I've literally sat there and watched all my data get deleted while I was watching netflix in a side window.

So what I do is just slap as many tunes as I can really quickly onto the iPod, then disconnect it before the deletion interval comes, ya know? It *****, but at least I can still use my iPod for music until it gets fixed. 😟

ios 8.2 5th Generation ipod issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.