Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preference Error: Could not load sharing preference pane

For some reason my second computer (iMac 27) is no longer showing up on the left pane of any finder window on my MBP. The iMac is running Yosemite and the MBP is running Mavericks. So I open System preferences to see if there is a problem with "Sharing" on the MBP. I'm getting a Preference Error: Could not load sharing preference pane. Do I need to install the update to fix this? I'm not ready to commit to Yosemite completely. I build apps for iOS and Mac and really need to test in both OS environments.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 17 2.4ghz i7

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 11:00 AM

7 replies

Feb 14, 2017 4:44 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Erick, I have already done what you indicated and I can not load sharing preference panel, I do not know that this error is due, I am currently using Mac OS Sierra and it is impossible for me to behave like this, every 30 minutes or an hour I have to restart the computer Because the panel does not load, and stops sharing the files I'm sharing.

Feb 14, 2017 9:23 AM in response to faustoit

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is a couple of years old, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one. Post in the Sierra community.

Try running this program in your normal account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Mar 21, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Shaun Gianetti

Do a backup.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Preference Error: Could not load sharing preference pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.