Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get playlist songs on my iPod nano 5th generation to playback in shuffle

How can I get songs on my playlists to playback in shuffle mode. I have a nano 5th generation

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 10:32 AM

3 replies

Mar 23, 2015 7:39 AM in response to 6179flowerchild

Howdy 6179flowerchild,

It sounds like you are just looking for the shuffle option when playing back music in a playlist. You should be able to find that in the upper left corner on the playback screen, according to the user guide:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1194/en_US/iPod_nano_5th_gen_UserG uide.pdf

User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Mar 23, 2015 3:08 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks for trying to help Sterling. My problem is that I have new computer. My iPod used to playback everything in shuffle mode when iTunes was on my old computer but ever since I put everything on the new computer, added some CDs and synced the iPod, shuffle seems to have disappeared. You can go to the iPod itself and scroll down to select shuffle songs but it only does that for the entire library of songs not the playlists. I've gone to iTunes and in the 'Controls' section you can select shuffle and then select songs, groupings or albums but not all and it only shuffles on my computer not on the iPod. I've tried selecting one of these options, restarting my computer and then syncing but that doesn't work either. I've also gone to the 'Edit' section and selected Preferences and looked in the playback area but there is nothing about shuffling in there. There has to be something I'm missing that will make the songs on my iPod playback in shuffle mode but I can't figure it out.

I'd be thrilled if you can help me figure this out.

Michelle

Mar 26, 2015 8:57 AM in response to 6179flowerchild

Thanks for the update! It seems like your iPod needs to be reset:

Apple - Support - iPod - iPod nano (5th generation) Troubleshooting

To reset your iPod:

• 1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  • 2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

If that doesn't bring it back, then I would next restore the iPod:

Restoring iPod to factory settings

How can I get playlist songs on my iPod nano 5th generation to playback in shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.