Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending the UNIX command to install updates over Remote Desktop returns No Updates Available, but they appear when I manually check in the App Store. Why?

We use profile manager to set the URL for the Software Updates on a server inhouse, and the clients see the updates when I open the app store on their iMac, but when I try to send the update command to all Macs through Remote Desktop, RD is returning that there are no updates available.

User uploaded file

And here's a log message:

Mar 20 09:45:17 Alisas-iMac kernel[0]: BUG in process suhelperd[261]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 external, 0 legacy-external)

Mar 20 09:45:17 --- last message repeated 11 times ---

Why does this happen? Do we really have to manually update each client or is there something wrong?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 10:01 AM

There are no replies.

Sending the UNIX command to install updates over Remote Desktop returns No Updates Available, but they appear when I manually check in the App Store. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.