Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low signal to other devices when using internet sharing

So, I use internet sharing a lot on my Mac Mini (late 2012) since I only have Ethernet and I need WiFi for the other devices in my house (laptop, iPhone etc) and recently the signal to other devices has been very low and I can't even walk to the other side of the room without losing signal to my other devices.

I've been looking around but can't find anything about it.

If someone could help that would be great. My worst fear is that this is a hardware problem.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 12:14 PM

8 replies

Mar 20, 2015 1:18 PM in response to os_x_kris

- Have you tried at other times since maybe other devices are causing interference

- You can try resetting the SMC and NVRAM but I doubt that will help

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

- Start disassemble to the point that you can check if the antenna has been disconnected. Not much disassembly is required. I would not expect a real hardware problem since it still works

Low signal to other devices when using internet sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.