Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to cellular service after iOS 8.2 update

I updated my phone this morning. Now I cannot connect to my cellular service. Just keeps "Searching..." I turned the Cellular Data off then back on. I've also already put it into Airplane Mode then back off. Restarted phone too. Still the same..."Searching..."

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 7:44 AM

Hi jessmull,

As I understand it, your phone cannot connect to your cellular provider after updating it recently. I would use the troubleshooting for the following article:

If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone or iPad

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Remove the SIM card. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or if it's too big or small for the SIM tray, contact your carrier for a new one. Then reinsert the SIM card.
  4. Check for a carrier-settings update: Connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Settings > General > About, and install any available carrier-settings updates. If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, connect your device to a computer that has iTunes.
  5. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  7. Contact your carrier to check for any network or account issues.
  8. Restore your iPhone.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 7:44 AM in response to jessmull

Hi jessmull,

As I understand it, your phone cannot connect to your cellular provider after updating it recently. I would use the troubleshooting for the following article:

If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone or iPad

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Remove the SIM card. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or if it's too big or small for the SIM tray, contact your carrier for a new one. Then reinsert the SIM card.
  4. Check for a carrier-settings update: Connect to a Wi-Fi network, tap Settings > General > About, and install any available carrier-settings updates. If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, connect your device to a computer that has iTunes.
  5. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  7. Contact your carrier to check for any network or account issues.
  8. Restore your iPhone.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Cannot connect to cellular service after iOS 8.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.