Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning to Mac Mini from KM C353

Hi Everyone,

Hope I'm in the right part of the forum.

I've got a Konica bizhub C353. I've searched all over for drivers or tutorials on how to scan to my Mac Mini.

Does anyone have any information that would allow me to scan to my Mac Mini?

I'm also running Yosemite. The Konica is connected to the Wifi Router.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 12:08 PM

7 replies

Mar 20, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Block91

I could only find a printer driver for your device: http://www.konicadriver.com/konica-minolta-bizhub-c353-driver/

Usually if a device is no longer supported, you can use a TWAIN driver, but Yosemite removed support for TWAIN Drivers. Software such as VueScan provides support for many unsupported devices. Problem is, I haven't been able to see your manufacturer listed. Perhaps you can email the makers of VueScan and ask them about your device. They may have a better answer for you in regards to finding a way to scan with your device.

http://www.hamrick.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/does-my-scanner-work-w ith-vuescan.html

Mar 21, 2015 5:29 PM in response to Block91

Many office multifunctions have the ability to 'push scan' a document to a shared folder on the Mac using an IP protocol. This feature requires no scanner driver to be installed on the Mac and can be set as address book entry so that you don't have to remember the configuration. Note that this Scan to File feature may require an optional kit to be installed in your C353.

Prior to 10.7 you could use SMB for the protocol, however Apple made a change to the SMB protocol used in 10.7 and later that stopped you being able to use this protocol for many brands. The workaround was to use FTP but you needed to enable the FTP protocol on the Mac via Terminal via the following command

sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist

After you press enter you will be prompted to authenticate as the Mac administrator.

With the FTP protocol enabled you can then create an address book entry using the FTP protocol on the KM. You will need to enter the IPv4 address of the Mac , the folder on the Mac you want to scan to and the Mac user name and password.

Another feature that may be available in the KM is scanning to a shared folder on the C353's internal hard drive and then connecting to this shared folder from the Mac using IP protocols like SMB, FTP or WebDAV. Check with your KM service agent how to configure this setup if the above option is not available to you.

Mar 23, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Block91

I'm pretty familiar with Scan destinations on Sharp MFP's, the Konica should be close in set up.

Create a folder called "Scan" on the Mac HD. Share the folder with the appropriate users and permissions.

Access the Konica MFP Via the web interface and you should find the address book.

this is a FTP destination.

It should require the Mac Mini IP address for the host name

and if you set the folder up on the Mac HD the path should be /Scan.

Supply username and password and run the script that PAHU listed and it should work.

Scanning to Mac Mini from KM C353

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.