Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 stopped syncing Pages documents. It worked fine until this week. Anyone fixed a similar problem?

I have been unable to sync Pages documents between my iMac and iPad 2 Air since last week. Didn't have any problems until then. Have been through troubleshooting with Apple Support. Anyone have a fix???

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 12:32 PM

19 replies

Mar 21, 2015 9:05 AM in response to tbull5

For the last 3 days I've had various docs that will not stop "updating" from my iPad and and they don't show up on my Mac either, and vis versa. Even tried iCloud via Safari, none of the new docs from either computer there. Very frustrating, and there doesn't seem to be any help docs to resolve the issue either. My dropbox and goggle drive work fine though. First real issue I've had with Apple--and by real, I mean my docs for my PhD!

Mar 21, 2015 12:02 PM in response to tbull5

I’ve had the problem for several days with my Numbers worksheets. When I close a worksheet on my IOS devices, the word “updating” appears at the top of the screen with no green progress line across the bottom of the worksheet icon I’ve closed. In some cases the updates get to iCloud at some later time sometimes never. If the problem lasts much longer I’ll be looking for some other service.

Mar 21, 2015 2:04 PM in response to tbull5

Same here! iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5, turned iCloud off and in Pages' settings as well, no help. Might be like this for a day or 3, maybe 4 by now. Very frustrating that the iCloud system status page isn't aware of any problem so I'm afraid Apple isn't even working on a fix yet. Suppose I'll call support tomorrow..

Mar 22, 2015 2:49 AM in response to tbull5

Okay, so I just got off the phone with Apple support and they said they're having smal technical difficulties atm but that they're working on it and it should be up by tomorrow. So when I suggested that it'd be a good thing to show this on the iCloud status page they again said they're working on it. I really hate that sentence. The good news is that they're aware of the problem (at least they say so) so I'm gonna wait for another 2 days and if it isn't fixed by then I'll call 'em once more.

Mar 22, 2015 3:23 AM in response to tbull5

For all those concerned with this problem, box is the only easy alternative. They provide free webdav access within pages and numbers so anyone can use that as a fallback. Ive tried others but no other cloud service can open a file from within pages and numbers. Though I've noticed – depending on the app – they let you choose an app after trying to open a document from within the cloud App

Mar 22, 2015 11:55 AM in response to lexvo

I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and Mac that are all connected to the Cloud. All of my software is up to date. The transfer of pages documents between the devices was working until Friday. After that time, my iPad and Phone say they are updating the newest entries, but nothing is happening and the pages screen seems to be frozen. I cannot delete or access any of the documents.

I have tries to delete the app, and reinstall, reboot the devices but nothing is working.

The pages documents on the Mac are accessible and I can do things with them but they do not sync with the other devices.

I tried to make a new document on my Mac, in the pages app, but it does not show up on th iPad or iPhone.

I am not real computer literate, so any help or advice would be helpful to me

This is really frustrating because I do start some documents on one device and then make changes on another, depending on where I am.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Stratos

Mar 24, 2015 11:26 AM in response to ecubed

I'm still dead in the water this morning. Nothing on my iOS documents will updated—just frozen download icons. Fortunately, my documents are still accessible via iCloud.com and on my Mac, but this sort of thing makes me very, very nervous.

This is going on four days with no updating between my Mac and iOS devices. Definitely mark against Apple if we can't rely on them to perform our everyday work duties.

My iPad 2 stopped syncing Pages documents. It worked fine until this week. Anyone fixed a similar problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.