Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x keeps wanting the same additional content

Logic Pro X on OS 10.10.2. My old iMac died. I used Time Machine to restore stuff to the new iMac (Retina). Logic is there and my Logic files are there. When I open some of them, though, Logic says it needs to download additional content. I say yes, and it does. When I reopen the same file I get the same request (and do it again, and then the file does play). "Download Additional Content…" is now grayed out, because I've downloaded ALL content. (Big disk now!)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Logic Pro X 10.1.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 3:52 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Charles Hartman

Another message indicates that some samples can't be found. (This happens when I'm closing a file; the other one happens when I open a file.) This seems closely related. But why would Logic be unable to locate material that it itself has asked to download?

Is there some standard way to check the sample libraries (etc) for completeness and consistency? I assume that when the Logic material from my previous computer was pulled over by OSX to the new computer from Time Machine, something went wrong with the mapping of files, but I don't know how to check this (or fix it).

logic pro x keeps wanting the same additional content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.