Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cuts off songs when converting from mp3 to aac

Hi there,

I encounter some serious issue here with my iTunes on one Computer. It is also a topic that has been discussed here - with no solution so far: When I convert certain mp3 files to aac (CBR or VBR, tested different quality levels) the songs will get cut off before their actually end.

When I use another computer with exact the same iTunes Version and exact the same source files everything converts just fine.

Any clue on that?

Daniel

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 1:51 PM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2015 1:57 PM in response to kcn81

This doesn't resolve the issue, but do you have a specific reason for the conversion? iTunes and iDevices support mp3, and the only consequence of converting to AAC is a loss of audio quality - the only scenario I can think of where this may be needed is if you are using a third-party program that only works with .m4a files (I use one which can convert multiple mp3 files into .m4a as an intermediate step in building an iTunes-compliant audiobook).

iTunes cuts off songs when converting from mp3 to aac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.