Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applescript: Why does this happen?

• I have this down to this snippet in a drop files application. This is the entire application:

User uploaded file

• And I have what seemed like random behavior down to a single example:

When I drag this selection:

User uploaded file

the app displays the dialog. Once. It runs once.

But when I drag this selection:

User uploaded file

It displays the dialog twice. For some reason grouping an html file with the folders causes it to run once, but trade the html for an rtf file, and it runs twice. But no matter how many items are selected, it never runs more than twice. But why more than once?

Sometimes the first dialog displays a single path and the rest the second time up. But sometimes it displays all the paths at once, but twice. I must have some fundamental misunderstanding of the On Open function.

Why is the app running twice (sometimes)?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 2:41 PM

5 replies

Mar 20, 2015 7:43 PM in response to louK3000

I'd like to add one more thing. I've been away from AS since Lion, but I did quite a bit of it then. And I don't remember this ever happening before. I allow that I may have forgotten something. But in Yosemite I also have a problem saving AS. I'll be working on the same app. save it several times, and then on the next save I get "can't be saved" error. I don't recall that ever happening in Lion either.

Is it possible this might be an OS version issue?

Applescript: Why does this happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.