Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No tracks from iTunes Match show in iTunes locally

I've been an iTunes Match subscriber right from the start, and have almost 7,000 tracks in there. Everything works fine under all our iOS 8 devices and my Mac Mini. I recently fixed up a 12" PowerBook G4, running OS X Leopard 10.5.8 and iTunes 10.6.3. The PowerBook has no tracks in it's local Music Library. With iTunes I was able to authorize the PowerBook, see it as one of five authorized computers, turn on iTunes Match, scan for music, and update Genius. iTunes Match shows under iTunes Store in the lefthand sidebar. Everything appears in order EXCEPT none of the 7,000 tracks (which I know are in iTunes Match) appear under the LIBRARY / Music folder. Also, under menubar Views the item for Column Browser is greyed out. So, when I click on the Music icon, I don't see any columns - just a default HTML page titled "Music" which shows links to video tutorials for "Download music", Import your CDs", and "Find music files".

Anyone have an idea? TIA.

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 6:21 PM

17 replies

Mar 21, 2015 11:02 PM in response to BDAqua

Ok ... made some progress. My Mac Mini is colocated in a remote data center and the PowerBook is the only Mac I have at home. I use the PowerBook to screen share into the remote Mini. My only other goal for the PowerBook is to be able to use it to update my iTunes Match with tracks that I want to rip from my vinyl collection. As said earleir, the PowerBook runs Leopard 10.5.8 and was able to be authorized to iCloud, and to turn on iTunes Match. Here's what I've observed tonight ...

I ripped a vinyl album to a USB stick. Next I copied the 10 tracks from the album into the PowerBook. I used ID3 Editor (free) on the PowerBook to edit all the album, artist, title, genre, and track fields on each track. Then I copied all ten tracks into the "Automatically Add To iTunes" folder and launched iTunes.

To my amazement, iTunes matched the album and tracks and upoaded each to my iTunes Match library. I went to my iPhone 6 and checked in the Music app - the entire album was in iTunes Match and playable/downloadable.

Back on the PowerBook, the iCloud Status column shows all ten tracks "Waiting", The iTunes Music icon still shows the cloud icon with the lightening bolt. I assume the status is "Waiting" because iTunes can't stay connected to iTunes Match in iCloud.

In any case, this test suggests that I can indeed use the PowerBook to update my iTunes Match library, even though I cannot see the tracks in iTunes Match under my local iTunes Music folder. I have to believe that problem is actually fixable by Apple, but ...

May 3, 2015 5:27 PM in response to BDAqua

UH oh. This stopped working over the last couple weeks. When I select "Update iTunes Match" it goes through all the steps, including uploading new music to ITM library. Then it seems to stop normally (no error) but does not show any of the 7,000 tracks in my ITM. Only shows tracks in local library. As if ITM sends back an empty list. <sigh>

May 4, 2015 2:42 PM in response to BDAqua

Ok, did the following:

• Turned off iTunes Match
  • Signed out of iTunes
  • Power cycle & reboot
  • Signed in to ITunes
  • Turned on iTunes Match
  • Signed in to iTunes Match
  • Pressed button to add computer to ITM
  • Watched ITM do its thing, going through checking for new tracks, updating ITM, sending ITM info back - no apparent problems, except none of the tracks in ITM were displayed.
  • Checked under "All Messages" in Console and found the following:

5/4/15 2:21:46 PM powerbook /usr/sbin/ocspd 168 user Alert starting

5/4/15 2:22:06 PM powerbook SoftwareUpdateCheck 170 com.apple.console Warning Checking for updates

5/4/15 2:22:14 PM powerbook installdb 173 install Notice Opened receipt database on '/' with schema 17.

5/4/15 2:22:31 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error Package Authoring Error: installation-check results requires a message

5/4/15 2:22:31 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error Package Authoring Error: installation-check results requires a message

5/4/15 2:22:33 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error Package Authoring Error: installation-check results requires a message

5/4/15 2:22:33 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error Package Authoring Error: installation-check results requires a message

5/4/15 2:22:47 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error JavaScript error "'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('systemSoftware')')" while running "__choice_su_visible"

5/4/15 2:22:47 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error __choice_su_visible returned error: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('systemSoftware')')

5/4/15 2:22:56 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error JavaScript error "'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'serverVersion.ProductVersion')" while running "__choice_su_visible"

5/4/15 2:22:56 PM powerbook Software Update 170 install Error __choice_su_visible returned error: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'serverVersion.ProductVersion')

5/4/15 2:23:00 PM powerbook com.apple.launchd 67 com.apple.console Warning ([0x0-0x1f01f].SoftwareUpdateCheck[170]) Exited with exit code: 102

Does the above suggest anything? (Wonder what all the software update 170 steps and errors are about?)

May 4, 2015 2:59 PM in response to BDAqua

Ok, after the steps followed above to sign in and run ITM, I have simply tried re-executing "Update iTunes Match" from the Store menu. Each time I do, I get a repeat of the following two lines in Console:

5/4/15 2:56:36 PM powerbook mDNSResponder 17 daemon Error ERROR: getOptRdata - unknown opt 65002

5/4/15 2:56:36 PM powerbook mDNSResponder 17 daemon Error ERROR: getOptRdata - unknown opt 65002

No tracks from iTunes Match show in iTunes locally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.