Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use this to have someone in another state do my QuickBooks input?

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 3:11 PM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2015 9:59 AM in response to examinernews

Hi examinernews,

After reading your post it seems you would like the ability to allow a remote user to control your Mac. That can be done by using Screen Sharing, a feature of your Mac. I have linked to an article which explains how to use it:

OS X Mavericks: Share your screen

You can let others view your computer screen on their own Mac. While your screen is being shared, the user of the other Mac sees what’s on your screen and can open, move, and close files and windows, open apps, and even restart your Mac.

1. Open Sharing preferences if it isn’t already open (choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing).
  2. Select the Screen Sharing checkbox.

If Remote Management is selected, you must deselect it before you can select Screen Sharing.

3. To specify who can share your screen, select one of the following:
    Option Description
    All users: Anyone with a user account on your Mac can share your screen.
    Only these users: Screen sharing is restricted to specific users.
  4. If you selected “Only these users,” click Add (+) at the bottom of the Users list, then do one of the following:
    • Select a user from Users & Groups, which includes all the users of your Mac.

• Select a user from Network Users or Network Groups, which includes everyone on your network.

5. To let others share your screen without having a user account on your Mac, click Computer Settings, then select one or both of the following:
    Option Description
    Anyone may request permission to control screen: When other computer users begin screen sharing your Mac, they can ask for permission instead of entering a user name and password.
    VNC viewers may control screen with password: Other users can share your screen using a VNC viewer app—on iPad or a Windows PC, for example—by entering the password you specify here.

If this computer’s screen is shared only by other OS X users, turn off these options and add accounts for the other users.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.