Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and iCloud must be signed in to the same Apple ID to use iPhone Cellular Calls.

FaceTime and iCloud must be signed in to the same Apple ID to use iPhone Cellular Calls.

This is the error message I receive when I try to add my phone to my Mac for proximity / FaceTime audio calling. This feature worked until I changed my Apple ID. I have updated my Apple ID everywhere I can think of updating it. I've signed out of Apple ID on my Mac, deleted EVERYTHING (calendars, contacts, etc.), signed back in, etc. I've done the same with my phone, and even done a power-down / reboot and nada. I keep getting this message from the Mac.

I can't figure out where else I should look for my old Apple ID to be logged into anything or creating problems. I've gone over my iPhone and Mac and I'm at a loss. As an aside (and yes, wrong forum), have lost the ability to do SMS forwarding since the Mac no longer receives the code from my iPhone to allow this feature to work. This was lost after signing out of the Apple ID on my Mac this afternoon.

Bluetooth is turned on for both devices. Both devices are on the same WiFi network. Both devices otherwise appear to be working correctly with the exception of the problems I'm having with FaceTime and iCloud being signed into the same Apple ID (which they are).

Thanks in advance,

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 7:59 AM

Same issue here!

5 replies

Apr 17, 2015 8:18 AM in response to Robert Bellomy

Same here. I've had this problem each time I did an OS update on my iPhone 6. 1st time I cured it by running the repair routine in Keychain Access. Another time I cured it by first switching off my iPhone, then firing up FaceTime on my Mac 27", then switching on my iPhone. Now nothing works despite trying the aforesaid, logging out of iCloud on all my devices, rebooting them, rebooting the WiFi, tearing hair out etc.

Apr 17, 2015 9:39 AM in response to abesse

(By the way, I should have pointed out in my earlier posting that I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 on my Mac). I Just installed latest Yosemite update while my iPhone was switched off, and when my Mac restarted, the 'iPhone Cellular Calls' checkbox in the FaceTime preferences was checked and the problem was therefore solved. Switched on my iPhone, still fine. Relief.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.