Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5.7 GB of storage is being used for the Photos & Camera app, even though I have NO photos. Why is this???

I ran out of storage on my phone the other day. So I went to "settings->general->usage->manage storage" and it said that 6.8 GB were being used in Photos & Camera. So, I transferred all my photos and videos onto my computer and then deleted all of them on my iPhone. Problem solved right...... No. With all photos and videos gone there is still 5.7 GB being used in Photos & Camera. Why is this and how can it be fixed????

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 5:51 PM

10 replies

Mar 23, 2015 11:27 AM in response to jberkey27

Hey jberkey27,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the phone says that you are still using space for photos that you deleted. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

You did not mention that there was an option for recently deleted. If you change the time on the iPhone does it appear?

iOS: Troubleshooting issues with date and time - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Apr 3, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Ethan7988

this fixed mine, too! I have an iPad Air that was showing 13.7G of used space, but in reality only a handful (<25) photos on the iPad. For some reason, setting the date to an earlier date (I used Sept 1, 2014) made visible all the photos that were still sitting in the Delete Photos folder. I opened that and deleted them all again, and set date back to auto.

I had taken this iPad to the Apple Store for Genius support and they couldn't figure it out. Their only suggestion was to backup to iTunes and then to a restore from backup. This didn't solve the problem, but Ethan's fix did. Thanks!!

Apple should take note of this fix so their tech folks are aware and figure out what's causing it in the first place.

5.7 GB of storage is being used for the Photos & Camera app, even though I have NO photos. Why is this???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.