Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Unlocked iPhone 6 Plus Model A1524 function on T-Mobile?

Running 8.2 and updated carrier settings. I've exhausted the troubleshooting: restored phone as new, swapped SIM cards, and made sure carrier settings are correct. I got a replacement phone today since the technician did see a software issue but I'm having connectivity problems with T-Mobile. Very slow true unlimited 4G LTE data at less than 1 Mbps and calls drop constantly inside and outside of home. Spoke with T-Mobile support and they said the coverage is excellent in my area and there are no tower issues. Never had this problem before. I did have a T-Mobile branded phone before and now this unlocked version is giving me trouble. Are unlocked models not fully compatible with US LTE networks? According to apple.com/iphone/lte the unlocked Models A1586 and A1524 also support LTE networks listed for models A1549 and A1522 so I don't see why not. Do I need to switch to a T-Mobile branded phone? I'm at my wits end here. Your input is appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2, Model A1524 Unlocked

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 7:22 PM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2015 9:14 PM in response to yosoysteve

The sim-free iphone A1524 (which is also the same number for the Sprint 6+) works on any network. I own a Sprint iphone 6+ A1524 and a sim-free A1524 and only the sim-free phone works on all of the major networks in the U.S. The Sprint phone is locked to Sprint and only works on their network. If you unlock the Sprint variant then it will be the same as the sim-free iphone.

I used the sim-free with T-Mobile and Sprint successfully (at differnet times using each carriers nano-sim). I have both phones and work flawlessly in the U.S. throughout the country.

Mar 31, 2015 10:41 PM in response to raven69david

Hello, can you please confirm whether your sim-free A1524 worked on T-Mobile 4G LTE? Last I checked on during 3/22-3/24/2015 I was only able to get 3G with no issues on my Sim-free A1524 but it was only a short time in the USA before heading out of the country (I just got the phone before leaving USA). I heard from other sources that you would have to escalate to tech support level 3 and eventually provide IMEI number for them to add to their data base to get T-Mobile LTE. At the time, I did not escalate to get the 4G LTE because of the short time in the USA but will consider T-Mobile for the 4G LTE when I return to the states. Thanks in advanced.

Does the Unlocked iPhone 6 Plus Model A1524 function on T-Mobile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.