Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am looking for an automatic bass or a virtual bassist for Logic Pro X

Do you know any plugin to get automatic bass riffs or a virtual bassist depending of the played chord in Logic Pro X? Do I should make it with Arpeggiator?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 11:01 PM

13 replies

May 22, 2018 11:01 AM in response to Arloga500

Yes, I understand you. With it you can if you understand that you must use it as a MIDIFX in Logic Pro X and fed a synth with the Nora output. Chords in logic -> Nora -> Your choice synth plugin -> your choice audio plugin. Once you got it you will love it!

May 22, 2018 11:01 AM in response to Arloga500

Arloga, yes full version comes bundled with hundreds and hundreds of presets that goes from electronic to orchestal. Also it comes with several groove presets that you can combine with the regular presets to create different shuffle types, etc. I think it's a good idea follow their youtube videos, they're releasing tutorials and tips slowly. Anyway if you have any doubt you can ask me, I'll solve it if I can, or you can post it in their forum. Their devs are pretty active and they will reply you : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=270

Mar 23, 2015 4:10 AM in response to Arloga500

I still use 2 plug-ins: Bornemark Broomstick Bass and Steinberg Virtual Bassist.

I connected a midi cable from my Logic Pro X to my Logic 5.5.1 on an old Windows Pc (Vsti). I record the audio live in Logic Pro X (no recording on the pc).

Sometimes when I want to edit, I record the chords on Broomstick Bass and generate a midi file to export to my Mac Pro.

Nov 19, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Arloga500

Okay, I hope to resurrect this because I am looking for the same thing. A virtual bassist like Steinbergs or Broomstick for Logic Pro X. I had a Boss DR-880 where you could pick your chord progression, pick your groove type (ie country, rock, latin, spanish, pop, electric, etc) and it would generate the bassline. Sven said Broomstick does not work with Logic Pro X.

I am looking for an automatic bass or a virtual bassist for Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.