Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air bluetooth connection

My bluetooth is working fine but the icon in the menu bar will sometimes show that it is connected to another device and when I open bluetooth preferences it shows that no devices are connected. I never have any other devices connected to my macbook. Is anyone else experiencing this?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 8:39 PM

6 replies

Mar 20, 2015 9:52 PM in response to p3t3r6i115

Thanks - you are correct. That is how the Bluetooth symbol will look when it is paired with a Bluetooth device.

Not sure why it doesn't tell you what is connected. Are you running Yosemite on your Mac?

Also, if you do not have devices connected to your Mac, why do you have Bluetooth enabled (just trying to get a sense of how it may be being used on your Mac).

Cheers,

GB

Mar 20, 2015 10:18 PM in response to p3t3r6i115

I couldn't find anything specific about this, but since Handoff uses Bluetooth, I'm wondering if that "activity" indicator also now indicates handoff activity in addition to showing that icon when a physical Bluetooth device is turned on....

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer 😟. Maybe one of our fellow Community members will have a more precise answer....

Cheers,

GB

macbook air bluetooth connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.