Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini can not sync unknown error -54

I can only download pictures, but I am unable to sync for an unknown error -54.

my ipad is full of pictures, some folders i want to delete, but doesnt let me from the ipad side. So I try to do it from the computer side...

and nothing.

Any ideas, please make them be easily follow.

thanks

KMF

iOS 7.0.2, Erased photo how can I recover it

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 7:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Kristiane1969

Good Morning Kristiane1969,

I understand you have some pictures on your iPad that you want to sync or transfer to your computer. One way to accomplish this is to import the pictures to your computer directly. Once you have a copy of your images backed up to your computer, then you can delete the images you no longer want on your iPad by selecting them in the Photos app, and then tapping the trash can icon.

The resources below will explain how to do that.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201302

Once you have backed up and removed the pictures from your iPad, try syncing again. If you still get error 54 in iTunes when you try to sync, there may be an issue with permissions. Here is how to run the disk permissions tool using Disk Utility:

About Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions feature - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201560

Hope that helps ...

- Judy

Oct 7, 2015 12:27 PM in response to Kristiane1969

Hi folks.

I have just had a similar error with trying to Synch an iPad where I got the 'unable to synch - (unknown error -50)'.

My iPad storage is also almost full and so I removed a few MBs to try again a couple of times, but this didn't seem to work as I got the same message.

So, eventually I went to the Device Summary section within iTunes, and within the Options section I selected the 'Reset Warnings' button a couple of times and this seemed to have the desired effect.

So perhaps the combo of reducing storage amount and resetting the warnings (clearing a cache?) sufficed.

Hope this might help others.

Specky Jim

ipad mini can not sync unknown error -54

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.