Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data settings resetting themselves??

Whenever I change the cellular data settings on my phone to the "off" position, as soon as I exit the settings and go right back into the settings, the cellular data apps that I switched "off" are back in the "on" position? This never used to happen, is it a glitch in the newest software updates? I updated last night to see if it solved the problem but it's still happening! Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 8:40 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2015 6:33 AM in response to K.E.SA

Hello, K.E.SA.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that the cellular data option will not disable. There are a couple things that I would suggest trying. Try forcing all open applications to close and restart the device. Once this is done, test disabling the cellular data feature.

Force an app to close in iOS

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try a reset of network settings. This can be located in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will remove all preferences for Wi-Fi networks and you will have to reconnect to these.

Cheers,

Jason H.

Cellular data settings resetting themselves??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.