Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPv6 setting keeps changing to OFF

I had trouble keeping the connection to a WiFi network printer and Apple TV from my iMac and noticed that the IPv6 setting in the advanced network settings had changed from "Automatic" to "Off". Changing back to "Automatic" cured the issue but it has happened a few times now and seams to be random i.e. not associated with a reboot of the system. I am running OS X 10.10.2, printer model is an Epson XP 410 with latest firmware and driver installed. I also run a Macbook Air and Macbook Pro on the same network with no issues. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 10:05 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2015 11:51 PM in response to Campjohnm

I too am experiencing the same issue.

I have 3 MAC's all on the same network. 2 Macbook Air's (2013/2014), and 1 Macbook pro (2011).

My symptoms are only present on the Macbook pro. I am unable to detect a printer on the network, or detect apple TV. I am able to do so on every other laptop, iPad and iPhone.

When I compare network configurations the only difference is that IPv6 is set to "off". Once enabled I can immediately see Apple TV present on the network, and discover my printer. The problem is when the machine goes in to sleep, it wakes up and the setting is "off" again, so every time I open the laptop I have to change that setting back to "automatic".

My OS is 10.10.3

IPv6 setting keeps changing to OFF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.