Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create Install OS X Yosemite for MacBook Pro Retina Early-2015

HELP ME! Unable to Boot from Install OS X Yosemite USB

I just bought a new MacBook Pro Retina 13" Early-2015 and wish to install Windows 8.1. I created Windows Install USB using Boot Camp and Installing Windows. Unfortunately, I erase all SSD by accident.

I created Install OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 USB as guided at https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201372 using my MacBook Pro Retina Late-2013.

This USB works perfectly on my MacBook Pro Retina Late-2013 but I am unable to boot from Yosemite 10.10.2 Install USB on my new MacBook Pro Retina Early-2015. The white stop sign appeared on black screen all the time. I am stuck here and can't reinstall OS X Yosemite on my new MacBook.

I also can't use Recovery boot as the SSD had been erased.

Please help to show me how to create OS X Install USB that can use with my MacBook Pro Retina 13" Early-2015

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 9:59 AM

Boot the MBP with the OPTION + COMMAND + R keys.

It should result in a display with a revolving globe.

If you follow the directions, it will connect you to the Apple servers and you will be able to install the original OSX that came with your MBP.

You will need a solid Internet connection.

Ciao.

4 replies

How to create Install OS X Yosemite for MacBook Pro Retina Early-2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.