Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive, Pages, & Numbers not syncing

I post this question before but here goes again. Since IOS 8.2 I have been having trouble with iCloud drive but I am not sure if it is related because my Mac has same problem. This applies in Pages and Number. If I created a document on Pages Web interface it shows up on my Mac and iPad Mini immediately. If I edit on my iPad it just show updating document continuously. The changes never show up on the web or the Mac. I have delete that document and started with a fresh one. If I edit on the Mac if just show syncing constantly. The changes never show up on the web or the iPad. I have using the new iCloud drive since beta Yosemite and I have never had a problem. Documents update across all devices as expected.

More information

iA Writer works correctly in keeping documents up to date across device.

Calendar, reminder, contacts seems to be working correctly

I have tried

rebooting

turning off iCloud drive

hard rebooting iPad

deleting cache on Mac

Help?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 8:34 AM

11 replies

Mar 22, 2015 9:13 AM in response to Jessie Dasher

I have exactly the same problem on my iPad 3 (and just posted about it on a similar thread, before I found this one).

Since ios 8.2 syncing of any information (notes, calendars, documents, photo's) isn't working.

At the Apple Store this afternoon I was told that it is indeed a known issue in 8.2 and that Apple is working on it. When an update will arrive is anyone's guess...

Mar 22, 2015 6:07 PM in response to max5429

just tried another application (Byword), sync'ed fine

problem seems limited to Apple iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)

(also, iCloud Photos won't load on iCloud.com but this I didn't really care about for now)

iCloud drive status still green at http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ (!?)

Guess not very useful dashboard

what do we have to do to get noticed by Apple engineers (& why are their diagnostic systems not clued in ?)

Mar 22, 2015 10:50 PM in response to max5429

I agree, customer sat is going way down on this one. I use iWork all the time and I can't afford to have syncing down for days. Sync has never worked like it needs to in my opinion. I often have to redo work, or pick which doc I want to keep out of two and redo the work done in the other doc. This should never happen, unless your just not online.

Mar 23, 2015 1:14 AM in response to Jessie Dasher

It seems that I have the same or a similar problem. After edititing a sheet or document in Numbers or Pages it seems to save the file as usual, but after a second the message "bijwerken document 1 sheet" (updating 1 sheet) appears and this stays forever.

This is a serious problem and it seems that I am not the only one having this. Why do I not see any attempt or suggestion for a possible solution?

Mar 25, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Russ259

Agree !

Found sync for iWork apps was working yesterday

Frustrated that there was no notification of problems. I spent hours trying to figure out what was going wrong. Some engineer knew but either was afraid to let it be know publicly or management didn't think that it was a priority

Dear Apple - you know better than the rest of the industry that the product is a cohesive whole. We don't expect perfection. But communication with your users (ie the customer) when cloud services are malfunctioning is entirely within your ability. It is not a sign of weakness but rather reflects the attention to detail and care in execution you have demonstrated over and again.

Thank you

Mar 26, 2015 12:30 PM in response to Jessie Dasher

Had time today to turn iCloud drive back on for Pages and test. All seems to be working correctly. I like to able to start a document on my Mac then review and deliver from my iPad. I thought the problem was in my iPad but I will not approach the problem from that angle again. It could have all be a lot less frustrating if on https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ Apple had shown iCloud drive in yellow with a note slow for some users.

I have altered my habits to depend less of iCloud drive and more on Dropbox. It is not as seamless but my personal experience Dropbox is more reliable than iCloud drive. When you have to stand before a group of people and deliver a lesson, reliable is way more important.

iCloud Drive, Pages, & Numbers not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.