Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extra steps necessary to get to mail with iOS 8.2

I have an iPhone 6 and my software version is iOS8.2. Recently, like in the last couple of days, I open the mail app, click on a folder or email, the selection is grayed (so it knows I've selected that folder or item). But then nothing happens. I have to click the home button and go to home screen and then open the mail app again. When it opens the second time, my selection has been processed. I have to repeat this entire sequence to close the selected item. Anyone have any ideas or workaround?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 6:54 AM

Hi randall39,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's Mail application not showing the contents of a folder as expected, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2015 6:54 AM in response to randall39

Hi randall39,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's Mail application not showing the contents of a folder as expected, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Extra steps necessary to get to mail with iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.