Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GARAGE BAND PROBLEM

How can i successfully transfer my garage band files on my computer to my new one. Can i backup my garage band files on an external drive via time machine and do it that way?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 10:36 AM

You don't need Time Machine fir that. If you have a portable drive, connect that drive to your old mac, drag all your GarageBand projects to a folder on that external drive, then connect the drive to your new mac and copy the projects to a folder on your new Mac.

Do you have the same versions of GarageBand installed on both Macs? You may need to transfer custom instruments you defined and and custom loops you saved as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2015 10:36 AM in response to ryanger

You don't need Time Machine fir that. If you have a portable drive, connect that drive to your old mac, drag all your GarageBand projects to a folder on that external drive, then connect the drive to your new mac and copy the projects to a folder on your new Mac.

Do you have the same versions of GarageBand installed on both Macs? You may need to transfer custom instruments you defined and and custom loops you saved as well.

GARAGE BAND PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.