Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many MB can be sent over iMessage vs MMS?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many MB I can send in an MMS on Verizon and how many MB I can send over iMessage? Sometimes I'm not sure if the person is getting the video or not. Also does it compress the video's any?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, 128GB Verizon

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 11:14 AM

8 replies

Mar 21, 2015 11:26 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I know it uses Data, I have plenty of Data, and wifi for home. I use iMessage on my Macbook more than on my phone but I never know how long of a video I can send because I don't know the MB limit.

I see delivered, however people have told me the message was blank,but only on extremely long videos. This is why I'd like to know specifically how many MB, As I do know how many MB my videos are.

Mar 21, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Nagol5178

I don't see any information as I said earlier. The only other restriction could be on the part of your ISP. You would have to contact them about that. I'm not sure if it would be something similar to email or not. However, since it goes through the Apple servers, you might want to try researching this as well.

The real purpose of iMessage and MMS is for short messaging and small content. If you have large content, such as a long video, you should send that in a different method.

How many MB can be sent over iMessage vs MMS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.