Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.6 keeps freezing in crop mode in my iMac (late '09) running 10.10

I recently upgraded my iMac to Yosemite, moved my iPhoto Lib to new 9.6 iPhoto and since then iPhoto freezes computer after I do about 5-6 crops. Doesn't seem freeze in other edit modes. Have rebuilt lib couple times to no effect.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.2.x) , late '09 27"iMac G-Card RadeonHD

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 1:11 PM

As a test hold down the option key while launching ipHoto and form the resulting select library window create a new test library - import a few photos - does this test library have the same problems?

LN

23 replies

Mar 22, 2015 6:18 AM in response to teabe46

So it looks like everything is fine for the system and iphoto but there is some problem with your account - in the original account and the original library try backing up and launching iPhoto while holding the option and command keys down until the first aid window appears repair permissions and repeat brbuilding your database

LN

Mar 22, 2015 9:30 AM in response to teabe46

The problem lies with your account. Try this:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

User uploaded file

Mar 24, 2015 1:52 PM in response to teabe46

Your home folder is the once circled in the Finder sidebar and the files in it are those circled at the right. For some reason you have a second Users folder inside your Home folder.

The Library folder to be looking into is the one highlighted by the arrow in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

Check your boot drive to see if you have a Users folder along with the Applications, Library an System folder. Check to make sure your home folder is inside the Users folder as it should be. It is't there then you can delete the Users folder that is inside your Home folder. It's incomplete and shouldn't be there.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 9.6 keeps freezing in crop mode in my iMac (late '09) running 10.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.