Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vector graphic export?

How can I move vector graphics from Keynote to other applications (like Adobe Illustrator) using the new version? I had no problem in Keynote 5. I really like using Keynote to make images and if I can't figure it out I will have to switch over to Illustrator full time...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 2:30 PM

Dear Gary,

You answer seems inappropriate to me, and I hope to many others.

Keynote 5 was doing this very well.

It is so frustrating to see that the V6, that uses natively vectors shape, cannot export them by a simple cut and paste.

As Aliciade stated, removing this feature is a true handicap for Keynote.

Why would profesional designers use or promote Keynote if this software is no longer able to properly interact with other design tools?

Apple has lost its common sense.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2015 2:30 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Dear Gary,

Keynote 5 was doing this very well.

It is so frustrating to see that the V6, that uses natively vectors shape, cannot export them by a simple cut and paste.

As Aliciade stated, removing this feature is a true handicap for Keynote.

Why would profesional designers use or promote Keynote if this software is no longer able to properly interact with other design tools?

Mar 22, 2015 3:32 PM in response to Christophe Dreze

Then your using the wrong software. If your need is to create vector drawings then if you have Keynote version 5.3 use that, it is compatible with OS 10.6 Snow Leopard through to OS 10.10 Yosemite, alternatively use a dedicated vector drawing application, there are many to choose from, two are mentioned in this discussion.

Keynote does not have this feature, use an appropriate application that meets your needs.

removing this feature is a true handicap for Keynote.

The purpose of Keynote version 6 is to; "create and deliver beautiful presentations", so states the Apple Keynote webpage.

Keynote is not disadvantaged in the least when creating presentations by the lack of exporting vector drawings.

Probably because it does in fact work very well with respected professional tools, it can import media from Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Numbers, Excel, Indesign, Final Cut Pro, Garageband, Protools ..............

People have been saying that since 1976.

Vector graphic export?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.