Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite and Bluetooth AAC

Hi Evrerybody,

I have Parrot Zik 2.0 Bluetooth Headphones but I can't connect them with the AAC codec on Yosemite, I only get SBC and it's very annoying. Does anyone know how to force the AAC? I tried with Bluetooth explorer but the only thing it did was to increase the SBC bitrate. Please Help me.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 12:29 PM

32 replies

Mar 24, 2015 3:03 AM in response to tinytealc

there is an app called "Bluetooth Explorer" that is made by apple for developers. it is part of the "Hardware IO Tools for Xcode" located at https://developer.apple.com/downloads - however, there is a chance you might need to have some kind of apple developer account or access to see it. there is a checkmark button in one of the settings for audio that says "force aptx" - i did this for my audio device, and it now always works.

overall, apple has been seriously dropping the ball on bluetooth. with 10.10.2, i there were white noise sound blasts, as well as occasional interference with the apple bluetooth keyboard. so, i tried the 10.10.3 beta which fixed the white noise, but made the keyboard conflict happen constantly. with the last update to the beta, that's even worse and now i get audio crackling at the same time. extremely disappointed. hope they nail it for the final release, but looks grim.

Mar 30, 2015 7:53 PM in response to corsairstw

i am just curious, when you option click on the bluetooth menu bar icon, and go to your audio device - does it actually say "AAC" - i've only been able to get "aptX" to show (though, the sound quality is quite good). of course, i would prefer no conversation at all. but, my guess was it only says SBC or aptX, and nothing else. very curious what you see. thanks for reporting in!

User uploaded file

Yosemite and Bluetooth AAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.