Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trade my 32gb space grey iPad Air in for a iPad Air 2 ?

I Would like to get the new iPad Air 2 but at a lower price so i wanna know if they'll charge me half a price if I trade in my old ipad air which is still in good condition

iPad Air, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 2:20 PM

You will only get a small amount of money back. You'd be money ahead to sell your ipad and use the money towards the new one.

Best Buy and Amazon - and there may be others - will give you store credit for your iPad that you can use towards a new one. The amount depends on the condition of the iPad you're selling.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

You may want to read the above before you sell your ipad so you don't accidentally sell a brick.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2015 2:20 PM in response to juniornguyen

You will only get a small amount of money back. You'd be money ahead to sell your ipad and use the money towards the new one.

Best Buy and Amazon - and there may be others - will give you store credit for your iPad that you can use towards a new one. The amount depends on the condition of the iPad you're selling.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

You may want to read the above before you sell your ipad so you don't accidentally sell a brick.

Can I trade my 32gb space grey iPad Air in for a iPad Air 2 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.