Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sd card reader problems with IOS8

Had used the card reader to load 600 photos on my iPad mini 2, last week received an later update to latest version of IOS 8, now card reader simply with not work ie it will not initiate the import field when you open photos, have tried turning device on & off removing card, tried other cards, tried another iPad , all to no avail ? Help. Ps this is a genuine Apple part purchased from pc world along with the ipad.

thanks Rose

iPad 2, iOS 8.2, Sd card reader

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 2:54 PM

Several people have had issues with other Apple accessories not working after updating to the latest iOS. The solution seems to be doing a full Restore of your iPad. Follow the directions in the solution in this thread:

Updated to ios 8.2 and VGA adapter no longer works

4 replies

Mar 22, 2015 1:59 PM in response to jazcan

TThanks for the prompt response, however I have two issues with the solution, firstly I'm about 7,000 miles from home & have no option to connect to our home computer, secondly I do not have any cables to connect to my PC not not a Mac.

any further idease for a on the road solution? Or am I just stuffed with inoperable Apple hardware until I get home? Very dissapointing, ps i also do not use iCloud

thanks Rose

Mar 27, 2015 5:04 AM in response to roseatparcroft

I have exactly the same issue. I bought the adapter specifically so I could download images from my camera to my iPad mini retina and it doesn't work in the slightest. When I plug into my iPhone 6 I at least get a message saying it isn't compatable but absolutely nothing happens on the iPad which is supposed to support this. I too am miles from home and therefore a restore is not possible.

Sd card reader problems with IOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.