Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset apple TV? holding remote buttons and unplugging from power did not work

My apple TV started having the blinking light with apple symbol showing on TV. Holding remote buttons and then unplugging the A/C cord and plugging it back did not work. Another suggestion said to plug in a mini USB plug cord to Apple TV and connect the TV to a computer and then go to I-Tunes and under apple TV locate Reset Apple TV. I can not find any Reset Apple TV anywhere,

Everything about apple TV on apple site is either advertisement or other people comments.

I find this apple site to get any help is very complicated. Sections about resetting products should be a lot more clear than they are now.

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 2:18 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2015 7:53 AM in response to JDarvish

Greetings JDarvish,

The manual for the Apple TV provides methods for resetting it. Depending on the model you are using -

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1607/en_US/apple_tv_3rd_gen_setup. pdf

Or

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1555/en_US/Apple_TV_2nd_gen_Setup_ Guide.pdf

Reset Apple TV by doing one of the following:

• Â Hold down both Menu and Down on the Apple Remote until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly.

• Â Disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, wait about five seconds, and then reconnect it.

• Â Choose General > Reset Settings from the main menu on Apple TV.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

How do I reset apple TV? holding remote buttons and unplugging from power did not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.