Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display keeps visibly refreshing

I've had many problems of late with my iMac going to a grey screen at startup. When it does work now, and I open (for example(s) a video on youtube, scroll through my bookmarks, open google drive...there is a slow and constant refresh at a slow enough rate for me to see.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 4:18 PM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2015 8:04 AM in response to timryk

Greetings timryk,

It appears you are experiencing display and startup issues on your iMac. Based on the information you have provided, it appears your iMac may need to be serviced. The following link should help you get started with the process and has links with additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

display keeps visibly refreshing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.