Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Need Help with My 2009 24inch Widescreen Apple iMac Computer

ok I Have TechTool Pro 8 on My 2009 24inch Apple iMac Computer & I Ran The Sensor Test on My 2009 Apple iMac Computer & it say's it Failed The Test so what can i do to Fix that problem??? or can i Fix the problem???

I Never had a Big Problem on My Apple iMac Computer meaning I Never get any problems with it??? so why did My Sensor Test Failed on TechTool Pro 8 ???

so is this a Big problem???

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Mid 2009 24inch Apple iMac Computer

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 4:28 PM

29 replies

Mar 21, 2015 6:05 PM in response to SeaPapp

I'm not really having any problems at all, but I Do use TechTool Pro to do tests sometimes & Today I Upgraded to TechTool Pro 8 ๐Ÿ™‚ & before I Was on 7 & everything was always working great but This Sensor test is New to TechTool Pro 8 & I Ran the Test & 6 SENSORS Failed so i wanted to know why??? & if it's a Serious Problem i'm having??? I'm just doing Tests like I Always do in TechTool Pro & also I Alway's had TechTool Pro in My Apple iMac Computer since I Bought it in 2009 in July, it came in The Apple Protection Plan I Had when I Bought My Apple iMac Computer & it Allowed Me to alway's Upgrade after that

I Always do Test on TechTool Pro like once a week & i never had problems with nothing

but The Sensor test is new so that's why I Was asking??? maybe everything is fine? i'm not sure??? just checking up on The Apple Forum??? or maybe cause it's new it just say's it has problems??? maybe they need to come up with an Update to fix that problem like they did with EtreCheck ??? i'm not sure??? so i had to check up with you all???

on a Good Part i don't really get any problem's with My Apple iMac computer ๐Ÿ™‚ & EtreCheck work's Fantastic now Nothing Red anymore ๐Ÿ™‚

also if i did have a Serious Problem with My Apple iMac Computer ??? does this have to do with My Apple iMac Computer having a little bit of Dust in the back of my Apple iMac Computer??? just getting an idea that's all???

Mar 21, 2015 7:49 PM in response to Apple4Ever556

Hi Byron:

if you're not experiencing any problems, I would not worry about it.

But, I know you, and you are going to worry about it, so if you want to have it checked, then go ahead and print out those test results. Then take those to your nearest Apple store/Genius Bar and ask them for an opinion. You could just take those (and wouldn't have to lug your computer to the store) and see what they say; if they want to test the computer, then you can bring it in.

I think that would be the best way to find out (and for you to stop worrying). ๐Ÿ™‚

Mar 21, 2015 7:52 PM in response to babowa

ok i'll do that cool i will make an Appointment to the Apple Store, i will Print those out & show it to them to see if anything is going on??? thank you so much for helping me, i just needed to get an idea of the what if but not worried right now ๐Ÿ™‚

BTW I Got Approved for The barclay's Visa Apple Rewards Credit Card with a $4000 limit so if anything happen to My Apple iMac Computer like if an Emergency happened & it failed, i'll just buy another Apple iMac Computer & i'm gonna keep the balance at 0 & just use it for Emergency's only if anything does happen to My Apple iMac Computer???? ๐Ÿ™‚

btw I Now have an Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128GB & I Have Verizon Wireless ๐Ÿ™‚

Mar 21, 2015 7:58 PM in response to Apple4Ever556

That sounds good - someday you will need to buy another one because yours is getting up there in age (in computer years, LOL). Remember that the new ones do not have a DVD drive and there are some other changes too. And they have different plugs too, so you will need to check that when you get there. And, if you do need one, check out the refurbished section at the online Apple store - I buy most of my computers there. Same warranty and can't tell the difference, but you save some money:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals

When are you buying the Apple Watch? (You've got everything else, hahaha).........

Guess what: I bought an iPhone 6 and didn't like it! Returned it 24 hours later.....

Mar 21, 2015 10:17 PM in response to babowa

i don't buy

Refurbished Electronics that is Buyer Beware kind of thing, i rather Buy New ๐Ÿ™‚ & i understand it can save some Money but I Rather have The Very Up To Date Apple iMac Computer Machine as it Apple comes up with that year but thank you for the offer & special deals on it & i'll check it out anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

also Apple iMac Computers can last 6 to 10 Years I Heard, i see there are a lot of People still using old Apple iMac Computers i see on YouTube & search Google & stuff & see it a lot, they can last a long time & i hope mine will i like it that way, don't give me bad luck ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ someday I Will buy another ๐Ÿ™‚

i'll maybe get an Apple Watch by Summer Time. ๐Ÿ™‚

how come you don't like Apple iPhone 6 Plus??? I Love Mine, i use it for Social Network & also to Play App Video Games & Watch Movies & Listen to Music & Watch Music Video's & TV Shows & stuff & also YouTube also ๐Ÿ™‚

Mar 21, 2015 11:07 PM in response to Apple4Ever556

I don't buy refurbished from anybody but Apple - their stuff is top notch and it isn't all old or outdated stuff. I just got a refurbished iPad Air. And with Apple it's not buyer beware: they offer the same 1 year warranty you get on a new one. And you can still buy Applecare for it too, so you have the same protection you get with a new one. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I didn't like the phone because it was too big and I didn't like the camera picture quality. I don't do social network, don't text at all, don't need internet access on a phone and don't have much time to play any games, so I really don't need a smart phone - my dumb phone does exactly what I need it to do: make phone calls and it costs a lot less. I use my iMac and iPad for everything else.

And no bad luck intended - just trying to make you aware that it will happen at some point. ๐Ÿ˜€

I Need Help with My 2009 24inch Widescreen Apple iMac Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.