Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ftp applescript

I have a radio program that spits out a html file onto my HD of the current song playing. I need a way to auto upload that html file to a web server via FTP. I thought applescript but no dice. The best script I can write doesn't even give me an error message so I don't know what or where the problem is just that the html never makes it to the web server. I tired otto the automater but can't figure that out to save my life. Anyone know of a way to get "said.html" to a directory on a web server. My script...

--This Applescript is run by Radiologik every time the current track "Now:" changes

--do shell script "cd ~/Music/Radiologik/Web/ ; curl -T currentlyplaying-1.html ftp://myserver --user mylogin:mypassword"

I know enough to change the my server to "my server and directory" and the login stuff.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 7:47 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2015 11:39 AM in response to neversaynikon

You do know that -- starts a comment.

do shell script "cd ~/Music/Radiologik/Web/ ; curl -T currentlyplaying-1.html ftp://myserver --user mylogin:mypassword"

did you get this to work from the command line?

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal

I'd put in the exact path for ~. I've had trouble with the ~ in applescript. Too long ago to remember the details.

ftp applescript

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.