Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble adding hotmail (outlook) account post password change

Hi,

i have been facing trouble login into my outlook (Hotmail) account, I changed my password last week and since then my outlook (hotmail) account no longer is configured on my iPhone 5s

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 11:02 PM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2015 9:21 AM in response to priyanka.a

Hi priyanka.a,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. If you are having issues accessing your Hotmail email from the Mail app on your iPhone, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Jun 30, 2015 2:05 AM in response to priyanka.a

Thank you so much! I spent hours trying to figure this out and it turns out it was the "two-step verification" that was causing the problem. Once I disabled that feature through my hotmail account using a web browser, I was able to connect my mail to my iPhone easily.

Follow these steps:

1. sign on to your hotmail account using a web browser at www.hotmail.com

2. click on your name in the top right hand corner and select "Account Settings"

3. click the "Security & Privacy" tab

4. click "More security settings"

5. scroll down to Two-Step Verification and disable it

Now you should be able to sign into your mail account using your regular hotmail password.

*If you have installed an "Identity Verification App" that requires a password (different from your email password), then try using that password to connect your mail account to your iPhone. If you cannot remember it, or are unsure if you have installed a Identity Verification App, then follow steps 1-4 and scroll down to the Identity Verification Apps section and check to see if anything has been installed and disable as needed.

This link has more information:

http://http://www.askvg.com/fix-mail-apps-and-devices-shows-incorrect-password-e rror-after-enabling-2-step-verification-in-microsoft-or-gmail-account/

Trouble adding hotmail (outlook) account post password change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.