Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my iPod 4G to iTunes without unlocking it

I have a iPod 4G and my screen is cracked badly (I dropped it while running across the street because people cant drive). It was just cracked and it worked perfectly fine, and nothing was wrong with it, but then I had set it on the table and let it charge and my niece accidentally spilled her cup of vernors on my ipod (gave me a reason to get a iphone lol) and I tried to connect my ipod to my computer to get all of my pictures off of it because I forgot I didnt have iCloud Photo Drive on it. And im trying to see albums I had on it as well because I dont remember all of them, had over 32 albums and 1,700 songs. But when I connected my ipod to my computer it doesnt charge like it usually does, and when I open iTunes it detects my ipod but it says I have to unlock my ipod first. Well when my niece spilled her drink on it, the screen didnt respond even after I wiped it clean. So is there some sort of way to connect it to iTunes successfully?

I dont want to unlock my iPod and go through it because I dont want it anymore and the screen doesnt respond, but is there some sort of way where I could get around connecting it to iTunes without unlocking it from my iPod directly?

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 9:25 PM

1 reply

Mar 22, 2015 2:07 AM in response to TheSleepingTree

No.

Are the photos in an iTunes backup? If so then:

- You can restore another iPod touch, iPhne or iPad from that backup

- Extract the photos from that backup by

How to perform iPad recovery for photos, videos

Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS: iPhone Data Recovery - Wondershare Official

http://www.amacsoft.com/ipod-data-recovery.html

Otherwise maybe a data recovery company can help. Not cheap.

How do I connect my iPod 4G to iTunes without unlocking it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.