Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano (2nd Gen) stopped working in the middle of a really good song.

I paused my Nano (2nd gen) to talk to someone, and when I hit play to continue listening, nothing happened. I checked the screen, but it was black--never seen that before. I put it on the charger when I got home, but after an hour or so, I still wasn't able to get it to come on. Plugged it into my computer, but it won't recognize that a device has been connected because it's not on.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work again, or failing that, help me recover the music that's on it? Unfortunately, the library was on an old computer I no longer have. My current laptop operates on Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance for any help!

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 1:35 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2015 9:43 AM in response to dixi3mama

Hi there dixi3mama,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’ve charged your iPod nano, but isn’t turning on and you don’t see the option to restore it in iTunes. Try taking a look at the article linked below and which provides a lot of great troubleshooting suggestions and outlines the service options.

iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Nano (2nd Gen) stopped working in the middle of a really good song.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.