Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway I can enable dictation without having to press any keys?

Being disabled I am unable to use my hands and would like to know is there anyway I can enable dictation without having to press any keys. In Maverick this was possible as you was able to start and stop dictation by speech without having to use the keyboard. Being able to start and stop dictation by speech command this will help everyone who is in the same position as me and cannot physically move. It would be great if Apple can add this in the future. Please reply somebody. Thanks

<Re-Titled By Host>

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10), null

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 11:12 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Azharmalik19

I don't know of a way to do that, but there is a third-party product called "Dragon Dictate" that does have a voice-activation feature. I'm not otherwise familiar with it. I will ask the moderators to move your question to the Accessibility forum where you might get more information. There are also websites dedicated to assistive technology on the Mac, such as this:

http://atmac.org/

Is there anyway I can enable dictation without having to press any keys?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.