Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve lost game data after restoring settings?

My iPhone 4 showed a decreasing amount of storage available, even though I wasn't adding apps, so I decided to "clean house" and restore the settings, then back up from a previous backup. Everything went fine until I went to play my go-to game, Plants vs. Zombies 2. All my game data is gone, my coins, gems, in-app purchases, and all I have now is the very beginning of the game. How can I get back all that lost data?

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2017 8:17 AM

Usually, 3rd party app data is also part of the backup. If not, does the app offer to restore the purchases in the settings, or did the app make separate backups?

Did you check the support page of the app developer for more info?

3 replies

Mar 23, 2015 4:11 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks for your response. My dilemma resolved itself. Where we live we have very iffy cell phone service; apparently, this app requires a signal to download any kind of data. Once I drove north to work, it started loading, and all my previous data reappeared. I had contacted the developer, but heard nothing back as of yet. Note to self: Must have cell phone signal to complete backup (on this app anyway).

How can I retrieve lost game data after restoring settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.