Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

enable auto login

At the Apple Store yesterday, OX 10.10.2 was installed on my Mac Mini. I am trying to enable auto login for myself. When I have autenticated myself by unlocking the change in Users & Groups, I am listed as the administrator. When I click on "Login Options" the Automatic Login choice is disabled. Hovering over it, I get this error message: "A user with an encrypted home folder can't log in automatically."

Why is my home folder encrypted? How can I fix this for automatic login?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 2:33 AM

7 replies

Mar 27, 2015 2:14 AM in response to Alberto Ravasio

I have found and fixed the problem. The problem is a bug in Yosemite. If you have set up the machine with your iCloud account name and password, apparently you will suffer the same bug. The solution is simply to "change" your password. To be very clear: you select "change my password", but, in fact, you type in the same password you had used originally. Once I had done that, auto login worked correctly. The message you receive before the solution that your home directory is encrypted is completely false.

enable auto login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.